Thursday, April 29, 2010

Shiver me Timbers! It's Cap'n Keira's Birthday!!

KEIRA IS ONE YEAR'S OLD...ITS A PARTY!!
Keira, we went all out for you girl! We were so excited for your first birthday that we invited everyone we knew, and the guest list grew to be about 100 people. Your Auntie Susan said she wouldn't your first birthday for anything and she drove Nicholas and Annalyse all they way from San Diego to be a part of the festivities. Anyway, we decided that all our friends couldn't fit at our house so we had the party at a friend's house. His house was barely big enough even at 15,000 square feet! The theme was "Pirate Girl". I think I chose that theme because I loved the bandanas! We had a treasure hunt, and Goonies was playing on the big screen TV. It was quite the day. After all that planning, Keira, your favortite thing seemed to be playing with the balloons. I love how fun and yet how simple you are. I learn so much from you, and you are only 1 years old. :)

My friend Jackie Woodruff and I made Keira and Chris' birthday cake.  We had a blast making the cake.  Not really a professional job but Keira liked it, which is what really mattered.  Jackie would later pass away in January of 2013.  I have very fond memories of Jackie, and our cake decorating day was at the top of my list.  Jackie was so kind to the kids and I and she had a heart of gold.  I pray God rests her soul and I know that she is in Heaven, with her son who I also will never forget, Alex.I squeezed my 7-month pregnant belly into this pirate skirt.  Around this time I was a little obsessed with pirates...I think this mostly had to do with Johnny Depp.  :)




Back at home, Keira climbs into her new Elmo jammies.  These were her fave jammies for a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment